Part 6: Reading List and Links to Resources
- Part 1: Main Section - Brief overview & informative videos.
- Part 2: Community Resources - Find community & statewide Domestic Violence Resources, local, state & national health information, support networks, hotlines, placements, rehab & contact info
- Part 3: Health Resources - This section contains web sites referrals and resources about a wide range of health issues. Check them out.
- Part 4: Honoring Women - Meet & learn about local, state, and national leaders.
- Part 5: Media and Politics - Learn about how these work – it is essential to professional survival particularly for women. We welcome additional women & media info from college professors.
- Part 6: Reading List and Links to Resources
A Suggested Reading List Expressly for Women.
You will find some of these interesting, others insightful:
- "Younger Next Year for Women: Live Strong, fit, and Sexy ---Until You’re 80 and Beyond." By Cris Crowley & Henry S. Lodge, M.D.
- "The Political Brain" by Drew Westen
- "Anatomy of the Spirit" by Caroline Myss, Ph.D.
- "Affirmative Action" by Tim Wise
- "The Aducity of Hope" by Barak Obama
- "A Question of Choice" by Sarah Weddington
- "Emotional Intelligence - Why it can matter more than IQ" by Daniel Goleman.
- "Guide to Intuitive Healing - 5 Steps to Physical, Emotional, and Sexual Wellness" by Judith Orloff, M.D.
- "The Education of a Woman" - The Life of Gloria Steinem - by Carolyn G. Heilbrun
- "Your Sacred Self" - Making the Decision to Be Free - by Wayne Dyer
- "Sacred Pampering Principles" - An African-American Woman's Guide to Self-Care & Inner Renewal - by Debrena Jackson Gandy
- "Stand Up For Your Life" by Cheryl Richardson
- "The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success" by Deepak Chopra
- "Smart Women, Smart Choices" by Hattie Hill
- "Smart Questions" by Dorothy Leeds
- "Smart Women Finish Rich" by David Bach
- "A New Earth - Awakening to Your Life's Purpose" by Eckhart Tolle
- "Reason to Believe" by Matio Cuomo
- "The Closing of the American Mind" by Paul Bloom
- "The Purpose Driven Life" by Rick Warren
- "The Universal Traveller - A Soft-Systems Guide to Creativity" by Don Koberg & Jim Bagnall
- "Mrs. Dalloway" by Virginia Wolf
- "The Pillars Of The Earth" by Ken Follett
- "Thinking Out Loud" by Anna Quindlen
- "To Kill A Mockingbird" by Harper Lee
- "The Lottery" by Shirley Jackson
- "The Ways of White Folks" by Langston Hughes
- "The Invisible Man" by Ralph Ellison
- "The Mis-Education of The Negro" by Carter G. Woodson.
- "Home To Harlem" by Claude McKay
- "Savage Inequalities - Children in America's Schools" by Jonathan Kozol
- "Up the Down Escalator" by Michael Manley
- "Strange Justice - The Selling of Clarence Thomas" by Jane Mayer & Jill Abramson
- "The Wedding" by Dorothy West
- "500 Great Books by Women:
A Reader's Guide" by Erica Bauermeister, et al
Multicultural Women's Web Resources:
womenofcolornetwork.org - Women of Color Network
www.pwocn.org/ - Professional Women of Color Network
WOCN SV Facts
Contact Women of Color Network office at email@example.com.
We do not have to be rich or powerful to make a positive difference in our community.
Speak out against Domestic Violence. HELP a woman who is being battered to find safety.
Call the COPS when you hear her yelling for HELP! Take a personal stand against DESPOTS!
A National Education
Women's Health Month
Help the women in your life to keep healthy.
Commission discrimination claims increased in 2006 for
the first time in four years. Here’s the breakdown:
This website (run by the Office of Women’s Health in the U.S. Dept of Health and Human Services) offers a search engine for reliable information on women’s health care.
Some of the most
women from third
HELP TO STOP DOMESTIC VIOLENCE & CHILD ABUSE!